Monday 18 January 2010

18.01.2010 - 77kg

The weekend was great. We had a lot of fun catching up and I also enjoyed a bit of leniency in my diet. On Saturday I actually made a diet-Pizza for all of us but in the evening I had a larger calorie-intake via alcohol. The next day we had an Indian take-away. Massive portions! I had a cream Korma with rice and a naan bread and we all shared mixed fried Pakora. I promptly gained a kilogram over this feast. But I don't regret it. I do enjoy the fod but it also showed me to my surprise that I didn't prefer it over the diet food I had this week. The meals I cooked were very healthy and prepared with fresh ingredients and carefully selected spices (beyong my usual salt and pepper). They tasted great and what's more afterwards I felt great (which I can't say about the Curry's we had...)

I always assumed doing a diet is just horrible, an ordeal. That's why it took me so long to attempt one. But I have to say that so far I really enjoy it. I hope this feeling continues.

Today, after our visit had left I cooked a salmon and spinach gratin from one of my new books. It was great and really filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment